Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Reunion!

Hi Guys, Yesterday, May 2nd was a wonderful day for me. My dear friend Amber Corbett whom I've known since 1997 turned 30, recently we renewed our friendship with an all day visit at her house catching up from noon till ten o clock at night and it was great. I felt our friendship was renewed and the ice was finally smashed after five months. However the best thing is everytime we get together, whether it's three days or six months, it's as if we never parted ways and the chemestry and magic about our freindship is always still there. Those are the freinds you keep forever, no matter how far you go! I also got to see another dear friend whom I've not seen in eight years or so, Brandi Billie Spanking Spangler! She looks terrific and it was great playing catch up. Anyway a few days prior to this visit, Ambers mother Theresa secretly called me and told me a surprise birthday party for Amber was in the works at Dan and Theresa's lakehouse. I was delighted to hear this and wouldn't miss it for anything and it was such a perfect way to come out of the woods and see old friends again which I intend to keep on doing after being cooped up all winter, working nights, taking care of my grandparents and painting, all which basically keep me secluded and fairly grounded. So I got off work friday morning at 6:30, got four hours of sleep and then went and picked up Brandi and off we went to the lakehouse, I really enjoyed visiting with brandi on the way while rocking out to the The B-52's, one of my favorite groups. The party was wonderful! I got to see old friends,some that I havent seen in many years including Mike, Jamie, Christine, Melissa, Danny, Theresa, Rudolf, Joey, Troy, Kori, Bradlee, Douglas and little Saphron and the energy was just great. I was a bit disappointed not to see Colin, Ambers bro, he had some care trouble and couldn't be there but now that everyones coming out of the woods I'm sure I'll see that little fucker soon. We ate great food, drank tons of great booze and mingled with each other, reflecting on the past, present and future. Lots of great laughs and the mother of all places to go landscape painting, just beautiful scenery. I left just before dark and took brandi home. As I drove home, as tired and tipsy as I was, I felt rejuvinated to be back in touch with my old friends and so glad to have finally got out of the house. I'm also very inspired to plein air paint again up at the lakehouse and as soon as the weathers a bit warmer, thats exactly what I'll be doing before embarking to italy in June. Overall the main point of this post is to tell you all how blessed and proud I'am to have all the great freinds that I do. I don't really care how many friends I have but we all have to have at least one and you're set for life, as that old song says by Bette Midler goes, "You gotta have friends!" Okay Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment