Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Vacation all I ever wanted!

Ahh what a great week it's been! I figured it was time to blog. So after my Pat Benatar extravaganza in phoenix I went back to work, hung out with friends and family a bit and have attempted to enjoy the last moments of summer, I feel an end of an era coming up and the start of another. I discovered out of the blue last week they've found a replacement for me on nights which means I'll be going back to evening shift soon. Everyone on night shift now knows after the new girl told some of my co workers in cpi class that she would be replacing some guy named Robert on night shift, so yeah they all knew before me so it was nice not having to make the announcement in a funny way. The truth is I've enjoyed the solitude of being on night shift even though yes at times I wanted to murder all my co-workers but it's time to switch gears, I want to try and get my work ethic back and be alive when everyone else is and not sleep all day and feel like total shit all the time. Anyway enough of that shit, I'm on vacation and it's been so nice, I havent gone anywhere, it's been a nice retreat instead and I've made the most of it. I started working out again, I'm getting ready for the fall semester, my supplies have all been ordered and lastly some solid art news, I've finally finished my Michael Jackson painting! I must admit, this summer I didn't get much painting done as planned, unfortuantely I had other fun things going and sometimes when life happens, you don't work at such a fast pace. I've had a nice break from school though and hopefully with this painting I'll resurface, I'm thinking of this painting as a fresh start and hopefully if I can maintain myself more great pieces will follow, I've already began my next painting tonight, an ambitious large great white shark on the biggest canvas I've ever painted on, so I'm hoping! Yesterday was just wonderfull, I had dinner with my entire family and then went for coffee at jbs with my old friend, artist, Vanessa Johns. I've known Vanessa for quite a while now, I met her when I used to work at the IR, from 2001-2003. I havent seen her in six years! It was so nice seeing her, she looks great and I'm so proud of her, we revisited the past and caught up and it just seemed like old times but better! We're both adults now and we were kids when we met. I gave her some art as a gift and I'm hoping I get see her again soon, it was great! Other than this I've been spending quality time with the grandparents and also got to see my dad, mom, brother, nephew and aunt all on my vacation so that's nice. Well as of this writing I can say I don't want to go back to work at all thursday, it's been such a nice vacation and I surely needed it and I plan on taking them more often than just once a year! I'm excited for school to start, I'm thinking of the day I can quit shodair and I'm going to continue pursuing my art. Okay I'll leave you that for now..

No comments:

Post a Comment